At MASTITY we are committed to safeguarding your privacy and handling your data in an open and transparent manner. Looking after the personal data you share with us is hugely important to us. We would like to reassure you that your privacy is our priority, and that your data is safe and secure. We therefore want to be clear about how we use it, in order to offer you a better and more personalized shopping experience.
WHAT THIS POLICY COVERS
● sets out the types of personal data that we collect
● explains how and why we collect and use your personal data
● explains when and why we share personal data within MASTITY and
● is clear about the rights and choices you have when it comes to your personal data We offer a wide range of products and services. This Policy applies to you if you use our services, whether you’re ordering from us over the phone, online, at any of our stores or retail locations, or if you’re a member of the MASTITY. This Policy also applies if you contact us or we contact you about our products and services.
WHAT TYPES OF PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
HOW AND WHY WE USE PERSONAL DATA We use personal data to make our products and services available to you. For the reason we manage the accounts you hold with us, including your MASTITY Membership account. Personal data assists us in processing your orders. We need to process your personal data so that we can manage your customer account, provide you with the goods and services you want to buy, and help you with your order queries. We use personal data to assist us in managing and improving our day-to-day operations. Collecting this data helps us manage and improve our websites and mobile applications effectively. We process your personal data using cookies and other similar technologies on our websites and mobile applications to be able to provide you with the best possible shopping experience. Processing of personal data also helps us develop and improve our product range, services, stores, information technology systems, know-how and the way we communicate with you. This allows us to serve you better. It is important for us to monitor how our services are used in order to detect and prevent fraud, other crimes and the misuse of services. This reassures us that you can safely use our services. We use personal data to assist us in personalizing your shopping experience with us. We do this by using your online browsing experience, as well as your in-store and online purchases, which help us to better understand you as a customer and to provide you with personalized offers and services. Online advertising may be displayed across our websites. This will help us measure the effectiveness of our marketing communications and provide you with more relevant marketing communications (via email, post, SMS or online advertising) related to our products and services. We do this because we want to provide you with marketing communications, including online advertising, that are relevant to your interests. To tailor our marketing campaigns, we also measure your responses to marketing communications related to the products and services we offer, which also means we can offer products and services that better meet your needs as a customer. We may contact you about our products and services, either by phone, email or post, or by responding to social media posts that you have directed at us. We do this because we want to serve you better. We use your personal data to provide clarification or assistance in response to your communications. We may also contact you in order to manage the promotions and competitions you take part in or to invite you to take part in and manage customer surveys, questionnaires and other market research activities carried out by our Marketing Department or by other organizations on our behalf. We do this in order to improve our services. However, if we contact you, you do not have to take part in any of these activities. If you tell us that you do not want us to contact you for marketing research, we will respect this choice. This will not affect your ability to use our Services or your MASTITY Membership. We may process your personal data. Provided that you have given us your specific consent for processing data (other than for the reasons set out hereinabove), then the lawfulness of such processing is based on that consent. You have the right to revoke consent at any time. However, any processing of personal data prior to the receipt of your revocation will not be affected.
When and why we share personal data within MASTITY and with other organizations We would like to let you know that we work with carefully selected Service Providers that carry out certain functions on our behalf. These include, for example, companies that help us with technology services, storing and combining data, processing payments and delivering orders. We would like to assure you that we only share personal data that enable our Service Providers to provide their services. Some of the Service Providers we work with operate online media channels, and they place relevant online advertising for our products and services on those online media channels on our behalf. For example, you may see an advert for our products and services as you use particular social media sites. We may share personal data with other organizations, if the law or a public authority says we must share personal data, or if we need to share personal data in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights. Other than the disclosures referred to in this policy, we will not disclose any personal information without your consent, unless we are legally entitled or obliged to do so (for example, if required to do so by court order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or any other crime).
Children’s data It is very important for us to protect children’s privacy. We may collect personal data in relation to children, provided that we have first obtained their parents’ or legal guardian’s consent, or if otherwise permitted by law. We do not provide any MASTITY Membership services to children, but we may allow children, with their parents’ or legal guardian’s consent, to use our websites, mobile applications and social media sites. For the purposes of this privacy statement, “children” are individuals who are under the age of eighteen (18).
How long we keep your personal information We will keep your personal data for as long as you would like us to and are a customer of our shops. Once our business relationship with you has ended, we may keep your data for up to 1 (1) year in accordance with the directive of the Data Protection Commissioner.. You will be reminded 2 weeks before the deletion of your data and then the data will be deleted automatically. We may keep your data for longer than 1 year if we cannot delete it for legal, regulatory or technical reasons. Your rights Under the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2018/679, which is applicable as of 25 May 2018, you have various rights regarding the personal data we hold about you.
These are the right to:
● receive access to your personal data. This enables you to, for example, receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are processing it lawfully. In order to receive such a copy you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
● request correction (rectification) of the personal data we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected.
● request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to erase your personal data (this is known as the “right to be forgotten”), where there is no good reason for us to continue processing it.
● object to the processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. If you lodge an objection, we will no longer process your personal data, unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object when we are processing your personal data, for marketing purposes. If you object to data processing for marketing purposes, then we shall stop processing your personal data for such purposes.
● request the restriction of the processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal data, i.e. use it only for certain things, if:
● it is not accurate, ● it has been used unlawfully, but you do not wish for us to delete it,
● it is not relevant anymore, but you want us to keep it for use in possible legal claims,
● or if you have already asked us to stop using your personal data but you are waiting for us to confirm if we have legitimate grounds to use your data.
● request to receive a copy of your personal data in a format that is structured and commonly used, and to transmit such data to other organizations. You also have the right to have your personal data transmitted directly by us to other organizations you will name (known as the “right to data portability”).
● withdraw your consent regarding the processing of your personal data at any time. Note that any withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before it was withdrawn or revoked by you. You have the right to withdraw your consent given to us, opt out, unsubscribe or change preferences via a link in the footer of all non-transactional email messages. These options are made available when you sign up for our email lists and in email messages delivered from us. If, at any time, you believe that you have received an unsolicited commercial email on behalf of somebody else, you may report it to us at email@example.com It is very important to us that we provide you with the highest level of service. In order to do this better, from time to time we may contact you using one of the contact methods you have provided, with details of our newsletters, surveys, products and services which we think may be of interest to you. If at any time you do not wish to receive these communications, simply click on the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of the email. Please note that active customers will continue to receive order and account communications from us. We aim to keep our information about you as accurate as possible. If you would like to review or change the details you have supplied us with, or you would like to remove your published submission from the site, you may do so at any time by using the contact form on this site.
Right to lodge a complaint If you have exercised any or all of your data protection rights and still feel that your concerns about how we use your personal data have not been adequately addressed by us, you have the right to complain by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Changes to this privacy statement We may modify or amend this privacy statement from time to time. We will notify you appropriately when we make changes to this privacy statement and we will amend the revision date at the top of this page. We do, however, encourage you to review this statement periodically so as to always be informed about how we are processing and protecting your personal information. Contacting us To exercise any of your rights, or if you have any other questions about our use of your personal data, please contact us by sending an email at email@example.com You can also contact our Data Protection Officer at MASTITY Your concerns are very important to us and we endeavor to address all of your requests promptly. Note: The General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 shall apply from 25 May 2018 on. Until then, the Processing of Personal Data (Protection of Individuals) La